Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sleepless nights

For the past few nights, I have been having trouble sleeping, I don't know why.
I barely could sleep soundly and I kept waking up throughout the entire night.

It all started on one night when the rain poured so heavily and there was thunder and lightning and I could hear them so loudly.
I have never been one to be afraid of these; remember how much I love rain?

However, this was one different scenario, it was a huge thunderstorm and I was awakened by the whole drama at about 3.30a.m.
I didn't really want to glance at the clock; but it was right in front of me, and yeah, when I saw it, I was a little uneasy.
I was never much of a superstitious person really, but I have a pretty good memory and I remembered this horror movie, 'Exorcism of Emily Rose' which kinda haunted the whole idea of the 3am/3.30am as being the unholy hour.

Anyway, I lay in bed listening to the rain and found myself having a hard time to get back to sleep.
I started praying; Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be, and a prayer to Jesus, all to myself.

Then I went back to sleep, trying to sleep on one side.

I am not sure whether it was in a dream or what, but when I tried to toss to the other side, I found that I seemed to have frozen, or medically speaking, sudden paralysis.
I couldn't speak as well, and I just felt that I could not move.

I prayed again, with fierce strength and will in my mind, saying that I have the mighty Lord as my protector and master and that I will be strong.

I guess it was my subconscious mind speaking, as I could barely remember and then I could suddenly turn again.

I do not want to figure out this scientifically nor in the spooky way (after all, what is one to think about, furthermore in this Chinese ghost month?), but I am always comforted by the prayers and knowing that God's presence is always near.
Anyway, I chose not to dwell onto it as a whole supernatural thing, as I could probably be dreaming and the most important thing is, I am wearing a crucifix around my neck; a blessed crucifix no less.

Whatever it is, I am not taking my chances, and I have my bible and rosary and of course, Jesus with me...Amen