Thursday, August 19, 2010

I pray

I pray, for everyone, and for the peace of the world
May there be no more war and fighting
No more dying or suffering
No more discrimination or hatred

I pray, for the people around me, my loved ones
May there be peace and harmony
May love continue to nestle amongst us
No more anger or dispute
May there be forgiveness and compassion

I pray, for people whom I work with
May there be respect and understanding with each other
Keep judgments at bay and there will no harming of others
May there be no jealousy or despite

I pray, for my closest family members; my aged parents, uncles and aunts
May they be in their best of health
May they continue to be blessed with happiness and content

I pray, for my frail grandmother
May she find peace within herself and trust the divine presence of God
May she find the strength and power to fight her way back to health

I pray, for people who dislike me, or misunderstood me
May they find peace within themselves
May they be happy with their lives
May they be blessed with things that they do

I pray, for people I may have offended or neglected
May time heal the broken bridge
May they find in their heart to forgive

I truly pray, for everyone

I pray for myself,
that I may be a better person
a better daughter
a better niece
a better cousin
a better sister
a better friend
a better colleague
and most important of all, a better disciple of God

I pray, whenever I want to
I pray whenever I need to
I pray, whenever I want to talk to someone
God is always listening, I know