Thursday, August 26, 2010

My New Sleeping Friend

A fortnight ago, the crazy MEGA sale started its spell all over the country and of course, screaming and shouting for the sake of the upcoming Independence Day as well (we call it Merdeka, which means Independence in the Malay Language)

Merdeka Sale here, Merdeka sale there and all of a sudden, everywhere is on SALE.

Dear saw something at Jusco which he wanted to get me for a while ago but I thought it was a little expensive.
Well, since it was on sale, he decided to get it for me, despite my protests and here it is, my new Memory Pillow
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

It was supposed to help me sleep better, and for a better posture, not to mention proper blood circulation and it was like on 20 or 40% off the normal price.
Akemi is also a pretty well renowned brand in bedding stuffs.

I was excited to get my hands on it, I mean, my head on it.

The thing about memory pillow is that it 'remembers' the position of your head when you lay on it and it keeps it that way.
Therefore, it will maximize your comfort when you sleep and contours your position and back to avoid all those headaches, tensions or backaches, and shoulder aches.
Pretty cool, huh?

Therefore, that first night, I pushed my favorite and good old 100% stuffed cotton pillow to the side, and put this in place to sleep.
The old pillow became some sort of my arm rest which I left by the side.

Okay, first impression when I laid my head on it, "Hmmmm, hard"

Secondly, I felt that my body was slightly elevated due to the hard and height of the pillow.

I tried to sleep, but I felt like I was sleeping on those ancient days' pillow; you know, the one made of marble and shaped like a box, like what you would see in the TVB's A Pillow Case of Mystery?
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

I told myself that I just need to adjust to it, it is after all new, and I have had gotten used to my old pillow, for like, how many years?

After one week, even Dear commented that the pillow was slightly hard (he got one himself too!)

I secretly tried to swap the pillow with my old one one night, when I felt a little frustrated trying to get to sleep and then I looked at the memory pillow as it lay on the side, and I felt guilty.
How could I leave an expensive pillow by the side, while I sleep on a pillow half of its price?
It doesn't do justice to the pillow, right?

So, yeah, I got stuck to this pillow now and no matter what Dear says, I just won't swap it because it is really not justifiable =P

I think I am starting to get used to the pillow, maybe I will bring it for traveling in the future too, LOL!
I will tell you about the health benefits after I get even more comfortable with it...