Friday, March 19, 2010

Time for wedding bells?

I have just received yet another wedding invitation card; coming from one of my old girl friend whom I have known all the way from primary school
There were six of us in the group; all pretty close to each other.

We were really attached to each other; though sometimes I don't feel it was that intimate of a bond but yet, we stuck with each other until today

We used to talk about which one in the group would get married first and who would be the last and the talk always come to this girl as she had met her boyfriend in Standard Six (same class with us) and they have been with each other since

It was really sweet that their love was just so strong and we were all genuinely happy for her

Fast forward to today and she was not the first to get married though
Two of the other girl friends in the group had gotten married; one married the year before, one last year and she will be marrying next month

As I have said, don't you just have to believe in fate/destiny?
Typically the ones you least expect will be the ones who give you the unexpected in return

The first to get married in the group?
She was the quietest and innocent, and we don't recall her being close to any guy in school even and now she is married to someone out of league (I mean, really OUT of our league but I will not get into the details here as this is her privacy)

Now there are three who have already gotten married and there are only three left; well, accurately 50% of the group who are still single and unmarried

That is not the only thing, I have been receiving endless counts of wedding invitations since two years ago, with last year being the highest in record

I guess it is about time for people my age to settle down at this age?
Not succumbing to peer pressure, I try to let this slip past my mind when I hear questions being bombarded my way about my own wedding day as well
Hahaha.....I guess, I will just leave it to time and destiny...

Things like these cannot be rushed, after all, it involves our lifetime happiness!

Mass marriages among my peers do not mean I should just join in the crowd and get myself a marriage certificate immediately
The time will come when it comes...or when the proposal comes...LOL

My best wishes to all those who are getting married, I have always believed in the sacred and beautiful union which ties and bind two people in love with each other

Wedding bells ring again....this will be a very busy year....
Don't ask me when's my turn again yeah....it will come when it comes... =)