Sunday, March 14, 2010

My panic attack...

Saturday was as usual lovely, for me, but last weekend, I was really frantic over a small incident which had me panicky and really upset.

I was in the car, on my way home after a simple dinner and I just brushed past my own neck and looked down at my crucifix pendant, that was hanging onto my necklace.
I was surprised when I noticed tha the clasp was loose on the necklace and the pendant just fell into my hand.

This has never happened before, I thought to myself.
I brushed off all funny thoughts that may start to creep into my imaginative mind and tried to string the pendant back into the necklace and fasten the clasp.
However, surprisingly, each time I tug the pendant back into place, it fell out again into my hand.

I was getting anxious and suddenly, the pendant fell out of my hand and dropped to the side of my seat.
(You know the narrow gap between the middle compartment and your seat; where you could see the cushion lining.
I could see the pendant there, gleaming brightly, since it was gold.

I put in my tiny fingers, all the while telling myself, keep calm, just take it easy.
The pendant slipped and sank in further into the cushion and I tried to use a thin card to push it out but to no avail, in fact, it sank even further!
Soon, the pendant was nowhere to be seen!

I was really panicky and totally lost it, I was really worried that it may have gotten stuck under the seat; or worse, crushed by the mechanism (metal piece) which moves our seat forward and backward.

It was a horrifying moment at that time as all sorts of thoughts raced through my mind and I was really afraid to lose that pendant.
This crucifix pendant was given by my mummy, it was a gift from my daddy to her and she gave it to me, seeing how much I loved it and I have been wearing it on my necklace ever since.
It is not easy to find a crucifix pendant these days and I just love wearing it.
Furthermore, I don't even take it off, not even for a moment unless when I am required to in certain conditions, but those are really rare occasions.

It took us close to an hour to located the crucifix pendant which had somehow slipped underneath the seat and was stuck between the seat and the carpet.

Words cannot describe that feeling I had when I saw the crucifix; undamaged and staring back at me in its golden shining self.
I was so happy and touched that I cried, happy tears were flowing down my cheeks.

I am always upset when it comes to losing my belongings; be it a cheap or expensive thing, a new or a long time possession.
Perhaps it is because of my personal and emotional attachment to each and every item which belongs to me, I just could not bear to imagine losing them at all.

Thank God that I could retrieve the crucifix, or else, I will probably go mad or something =P
Thank God Thank God!