Sunday, March 07, 2010

Life's Like That

Sometimes things come around
And they knock you down
When you get back up
And they knock you down, knock you down

I tend to agree with this lyrics which I have modified the words a little bit to describe life.
Things happen, when you are your most laid back point and when you think you can afford to slack a little
They come in a rush, hit you on the head and had you running with them in a race

When you get yourself up again, here they come again to punch you in the face and knock you down again
It's like a wave
It's like boxing
It's just life

Everytime when I think that the sea's just calm, then a tidal wave hits again

It is life, I know but sometimes you just wished that there are peaceful times all the way

I am referring to a recent incident at work; somehow it's always about work these days
I am getting worried that I am turning back into the workaholic I used to be
It is not good especially for my health
I just don't like it when everything revolves around work alone
I don't want to lose my life or losing the enjoyment or recreation that I enjoy, and in the process, lose my own identity.

I am tired of all the Venetian masks around me, it's just so exhausting to have to pretend like you don't know they're acting
It is revolting

However, I have come to accept that Life's like that; it is never a bed full of roses, and what we can do to control it?

Imagine it is a bed of roses if you want; but just look at it with care, as roses have thorns too and to enjoy roses, we have to accept that they come with thorns.
Being careful and alert will help us to enjoy the scent and beauty of roses; and without scratching our own fingers/skin too much!