Thursday, March 11, 2010

Busy beeeee

I was as busy as a bee for the past week and I presume it will continue for some time.
It is a good and bad news at the same time as I will be totally breathless catching up with all the pace.

At the same time, I am looking forward to a hectic schedule of a meaningful working life and learning environment.
It sounds crazy and contradictory I know, but I just enjoy being busy, sometimes =)

That is why I cannot understand why people would try their best to avoid going to work by making up all sorts of excuses so that they don't have to go to work or do anything (example, a colleague of mine).
However, I can fully understand when someone experiences burnout period as I have gone through that same period before myself.

Perhaps it was my over-aggressive self when I first started working which pushed me beyond the limits and eventually, I felt tired when I was being pushed around.
Funny how initially, I was the one pushing myself out and when the bubble bursts, I start to despise how people would take advantage of me and push me around.
At one point, I was even tired of work.

Those were the days and now, as I am constantly rushing myself around and meeting all those expectations and deadlines, and I found myself praying that I won't get burnt out again as I was really worried with the pace and rate that I am going at the moment.
It is good to be busy but when we pushed ourselves too much, we could end up feeling fed up of it all, the neverending tidal waves.

Anyway, I am at the point of working myself but I will also ensure that my leisure activities keep up in my life to create that perfect balance =)

Blogging, photography, exercise, vacation (I do really need a break this year!!!),field trips, gatherings, books, and shopping...those would really help a lot....
So, see, how can I stay away from being busy? ;)