Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dream of my wedding and my grandma?

I've had another weird dream last night; but it's not a spooky one which is why I have decided to post it here.

It was a long dream; as I remember and I was actually getting married!

I was dressed in a simple white tube dress with a long train; but it was easy for me to walk around.
I remember walking around a lot in the dream!

I was scheduled to have my wedding in this church; but the weird thing is, the church was actually a little chapel which is a shoplot.

The other shops next to it were empty; and I remembered that all the paint were very white.

Then I see a few guys around who were very cheerful and happy; and they were actually my friends who were supposed to help out with the wedding.
Too bad, I couldn't recall their faces...or come to think it, I don't remember anyone particularly familiar, but one thing's for sure, they are all guys.
In fact, I think they are the guys who are supposed to be the groom's brotherhood entourage although they were all helping me.

The groom?
I have no idea...I did not even see him around.

I only remembered that I was not feeling particularly like myself; and that everything seems to be in a hurry
I was not really prepared; and I was dressed really simple!
Nothing like a wedding that I could ever imagine!

I had light make-up on; and my cousin sisters were all standing inside the church
Weird; I did not even have my 'sisterhood' entourage with me!

I was feeling really lost; and I think I felt like I was not really ready for the wedding
I was feeling anxious and wondering why I am getting married so soon (or in such a hurry!)
You see, I didn't even know why I was there

I saw most of my family members looking at me; and waving at me from the church and I was standing outside the church
I felt forlorn and lonely

Then I realized I forgot my shoes....
As I panicked, I saw my brother who told everyone to calm down and asked my dad to go back to the car to get my shoes
Everyone tried to calm me down and told me to wait for the shoes in the church

Unknown to the others, I was trailing behind my brother and my dad; and I saw myself descending a flight of stairs which was carpeted in red and then led to a dark basement carpark

Suddenly, I see light again and I saw my mom at the top of the staircase
She told me to come up and I made my way up again; heaving up my (apparently) light gown and walking barefooted.

As I stood outside the church, feeling lost and miserable again
I thought of how empty the benches are and was thinking, why didn't I invite all my friends and colleagues
There seems to be only close family members and relatives
I felt so lonely; and a bit disappointed that it lacks the merry atmosphere

I wondered why didn't I want to inform other people; they will know eventually anyhow
I felt so afraid of walking down the aisle
I almost felt like I wanted to cancel and be a runaway bride!

Then I was thinking, it's okay, I shall organize another wedding dinner in KL once I am done with this ceremony
(I am guessing I am not even in my own hometown for this wedding?)
I don't even have a bridesmaid....believe it or not!

I panicked when I realized that I don't have a bridesmaid; and looked at my cousin sisters standing inside the church (they were nicely dressed)
I was wondering who to pick as my bridesmaid....but they seemed so far away

Then the piano starts to play inside the church and I know I had to start making my way into the church
I don't even have my veil yet!
I was looking around; and I saw most of the guys were looking at me; sort of eyeing me from top to toe (checking me out with a grin on their face and giving me the thumbs up)

If that was not freaky enough, suddenly I saw my very sick grandma
Yup; the grandma who is currently very very sick (she is my only grandma left anyway)
She was dressed up and had a bit of red lipstick and she looked much younger

She held my shoulder and told me to be calm
I could feel the touch of her hand on my bare shoulder (remember I was wearing a tube dress?)
She said to me these words, "Don't worry, everything will be fine. I am happy that you are finally getting married. I am very very happy now...."

In an instant, I recalled....my sick grandmother is now a great grandmother following my eldest cousin brother's wedding a few years ago; and he has borne two lovely daughters.

Furthermore, recently, my youngest uncle also had his newborn son; adding the heir that grandma so much wanted

My aunt has also said, grandma has already seen her great grandchildren, all her daughters' children (considered external grandchildren in the Chinese family context) and now she has even her own internal grandson (the heir to the family)
She has only yet to see her grandson-in-law...

Is that why I am having this weird dream?

I only know it is very weird, and I think I need some time to sort it out and decipher this dream...

I need to sort out the parts and interpret it in a right sequence....

Other things that I can remember from the dream

The tube dress I was wearing...I think it looked a bit like this
Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
Taken from - http://flypaper.bluefly.com/images/wedding%20gown.gif


Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
Taken from http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31OT96ip20L.jpg


I remembered even my hair was left flowing on my shoulders...yeah, it's not even done!

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
(From good.designs)

I almost felt like I couldn't wake up from my sleep/dream
I felt like there was a strong force to push me into the aisle
It's like I shouldn't wake up from the dream and that I have to continue to stay in the dream...

Now, how bizarre is that????