Monday, August 10, 2009

Budget-keeping

I have promised myself that I must keep an eye on my budget and my spending
(Not that I am a big/irrational spender)
I just like to make sure that things are in order

It's weird how your list of things to buy have increased since you have started working and staying out here on your own
At the same time, I am also surprised at how minute the value of our ringgit has gone to when I purchase some simple groceries

A good RM50 note goes off in a blink of an eye; even when you are just buying some simple stuffs like fruits, food, or toiletries

A RM50 notes doesn't seem to be that huge of a value anymore that it really scares me

For that, I have to keep to a strict budget and make sure that I do not overspend

The other danger is the plastic (referring to credit card) which allows you to make transactions of purchases seem so easy and worry-free
Then you just write a cheque to the bank at the end of each month to clear the bills...

All paperless; electronic based and you feel stress-free since you don't see any physical movement of your money to the other party or in any transaction?

Not so, when you take a look at your ATM and noticed that the money is missing...leaving your account balance to an undesirable amount that leaves you longing for the pay day to be here soon...

I do not want to end up in that kind of situation; and I still find myself a pretty disciplined person
I have a really strong will and I can really hold myself from buying something which I really love if I have to...

Fortunately, I am still good to go...and sensible in whatever i spend...

Anyway, a girl's spending is still dangerous whenever it comes to all these sales seasons and it's the Mega or Merdeka Sales season again...

Is it me or does it seem like the warehouse sales and mega sales this year seems to be never-ending?

I must stick to my budget and buy only what I need; and not what I want or must have.....