Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A special someone...

I have just read my bestie's blog in which she congratulated and wished another of our gal pal, Jes aka HotChick who have found her other half....and apparently, she has confided in bestie that she really loved the guy. I am really happy for Jes babe too...and I sincerely wish her well in her relationship.
Then back up north here, Ken has also told me about his discovery of one of my girl friends here in the company who recently also found her match and embarked on a relationship about a couple of weeks ago....
I am surprised but nevertheless, happy for her as well.

Everyone's bound to have a special someone in their life and I have known of countless people who have had met theirs; some may not be the Mr/Ms Right yet but they eventually found the right one and ended up in a blissful matrimony.

As for me and bestie, we often felt that we will not settle simply for the sake of settling down and really want it to happen naturally and also with the right choice; someone whom we felt was worthy of. It's not that we never had any offers or advances from the opposite gender but we didn't want to rush into anything.

As for me, I have always dreamt of a unique relationship....something that would happen out of a love story....you know, with some excitement and probably trials and tribulations?
I would never expect that sometimes you really do get what you wish for and mine turned out more than a whirlwind romance; in fact, it's like a tornado....and it came unexpected.
Guess it's true when you are looking for love, you will never find it, but when you least expect it, it just comes and sweep you off your feet.
Recently I had a short conversation with a good friend at work; who happened to know that I am in a relationship; perhaps yea, this is my own revelation, I am attached, in a relationship at the moment...
Seems like a weird term to use today....boyfriend and girlfriend relationship.

It was a spur of a thing although not entirely spun out of nowhere....
We were close friends back then; and there were lots of complications but that time, due to our relationship at that time was not noticeable. In fact, perhaps the presence of another close friend who hung out with us most of the time played an important part.
But the thing is, somehow everything turned around and I was also surprised by my own inability and ignorance or you can call me just plain naive that I wasn't even aware that someone was actually interested in pursuit.
Haha....that's funny.....but I must admit, I was truly in clouds of doubt that time and was even hesitant in responding to his advances after his confession.
I was taken unprepared as I have never even given it so much a thought and given our situation at that time, it was really a difficult decision.
Furthermore, this has spun more and more difficulties and other various issues which we have gone through together. Though there were difficulties, we eventually gave it a try and I must say I am not sure whether I made the right decision.

However, like they used to say, you don't live for other people, why care about the perspectives?
Everyone is often blinded by the fact when they are worried about how people will see or think of them and also at the same time, whether they will affect others which in turn spun the misery to be born by themselves. At the same time, there is a realization that we can never satisfy everyone - as depicted in the Man, son and donkey story.
I have never done anything wrong to cause any tragedy or wrongdoing on anyone or put them in a risky and disadvantageous situation, I can really vouch on that....perhaps there were really misunderstandings here and there....but it was never my intention to spur that and then cause any discomfort.

Anyhow, the revelation may be shocking but to me, I have come to deal with it and perhaps, I have found it to be happiness...looks, charm, wealth, etc....to me, I am no judge....furthermore, I am no belle nor beauty myself:D

But my point here is, be yourself.....when you find that special someone, you will know...you don't ever have to look....it will come to look for you...
That's why it's called falling in love.......
As for falling OUT of love, well, that's an entirely different story....