Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Dissection of Princess Car

I almost forgot about her birthday yesterday if it wasn't for a minor little defect yesterday which I found and yes, it landed my princess car in the Hyundai Car Centre; to be inspected.

I had to come back to Penang site to attend face-to-face meeting with some of my counterparts and when I got into my car, revved up the engine, I heard a weird sound with my car's locking system.
And then when I parked the car nicely and got down, naturally clicking on the lock, to my surprise, it didn't lock!!~:o
(I always have this habit to check my car doors and the floor after locking the car)
I had to rush to attend a meeting and left a little earlier to send it to the workshop.

On the way, I was thinking about my car and I suddenly realized that the road tax on my windscreen has expired!!!
I had it done last week; but I haven't stuck it on the car yet and I was freaked out that I drove to Kulim yesterday with a road tax which has expired by one day!!
I had to make a quick stop at home which, fortunately was a short distance from my workplace to change and stick the renewed road tax on the screen.
Then it struck me that it was my Car's birthday!!!
Hahaha.,....and it needs to go into the workshop for its celebration!

They dissected the car; okay; just the car door on the driver side; I watched as they unscrew the door panel and then removed a laminated plastic cover and took out the lock.
Then they proceeded to fix it; mix and match, test the locking, etc.
I thought it'd take a short while (coz I had a similar sort of problem with the automatic locking last year and they only took 5 minutes to get it done)

However, it seems that this time, the problem was actually the local locking system instead of the central lock and they couldn't connect to the spare part they have; which required them to go and get a new one.
It took them more than an hour.....
And once they connected it; the thing fused and died again...and they fixed it again.

Another part which tickled me funny was this; I saw a Chevrolet in the same workshop and it only took 1 mechanic to work on it.
My car initially had 1; then 2; then 3 and now 4 mechanics!!

Haha....but they got it fixed nevertheless and I drove my car home; of course, after paying them RM45 for the actuator they installed and also RM15 for their labour cost (3-4 people!)
A bit pricey....

Princess car's birthday present?
She was sick somemore....sighs.....
But now, all seems fine...:)

Sorry I can't celebrate her birthday like last year, coz there's haze and I have staying indoors for the past few days....will replace it for you yea :D