Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Home alone

Initially, I wanted to go home for the weekend but then, I didn't and so I watched with sorrow as I saw Sara (my Singaporean housemate) packed her bags and left the house on Friday night.
I was worried that night to stay alone at home.
Did I mention that recently there was a new neighbour who have now occupied the condo unit opposite mine?
(My wing has 4 units and only one was occupied then until this new batch of occupants moved in).
Okay, the thing that I was obviously uncomfortable with was this was a bunch of guys (Malay/Indian) in the middle age.
They could even be foreign labour for all I know.
I do not mean any form of discrimination; but seriously, the sight of these people really freak me out.
I sort of thought they were the renovators or labourers who will be renovating the condo unit; until I noticed that they have been wearing those T-shirts with Queensbay Mall logos which indicates that they are not renovators and they are the actual occupants of the unit!!!
Oh....horrifying!!!
I was so freaked out when I realized that; the condo was probably an accommodation arranged by their employers.
YIKES!!
Discrimination or not, I really am scared about them as neighbours; particularly when my housemates are often out on weekends; or the other at her boyfriend's place.
C'mon, you can't blame me for the freak, they are a bunch of guys and we know their track record..won't say much before I am being held for major discrimination issue.
I was relieved that Li Lian and her bf (BK) came home during the weekends; though they were in late and I was already sleeping.

However, on Monday morning, I woke up with horror to realize that they weren't back :(
Anyway, last night they were back....and tonight, Sara's back from Singapore after the long weekend break.
Sometimes, I dread weekends as I think of whether I will be home alone and you're gonna laugh at this but even a tiny squeak freaks me out sometimes:(
And you know staying apartment units where there are multiple residences atop and below your unit, you can hear all sorts of noises (particularly with the quality of the construction these days)...and that's when my imagination starts to run wild again...
Sighs.....