Sunday, April 12, 2009

Dream....dream....dream

I was so tired last night; after my short journey back from home for Easter which I made it a point to celebrate with my family.
Yippeee....was really happy to see them and to rejoice:)

I was trying to hit the sack early and yet, I only got to sleep at 10.30pm, after the unpacking, etc (me being a perfectionist)

I think it was a deep sleep in the beginning until the wee hours in the morning where I was suddenly in a dream where I was myself and with 2 guys (one of whom was a guy who used to be an admirer) and we were seated at the table.
We seemed to be working on something (I don't know what) and initially I was talking to them.
Then I guess it was a few days and slowly I became unresponsive; towards the admirer guy.
I think there was a little of indignation sensed in me as he was a little hostile as well towards me, and so I retorted back by talking to everyone else and smiling at them except at him.
I just refused to smile at him.

Then he was anxious and tried to ask me, why was I reacting that way?
I still ignored him, and then it switched to another scene where I saw a lot of my old girl friends whom I was close to during school days.
They seemed to be gathering at a place to play hide-and-seek or some interesting hunt between 2 teams.
I was worried about my purse and cell phone and asked them whether they have kept their valuables somewhere.

They told me that most of them will be bringing it along with them, but if I need to, I can secure my stuffs in a locker area.
I went there, and it really looked so curiously like Gurney area.
While I was checking in my stuffs, there were 2 dark-skinned guys manning the counter and they were talking about how someone was not dead yet and it's creepy, there may even be some zombies around.
I was given my key and I looked up at all the small lockers; more like pigeon holes above me.
They were made of wood and were so old and musty that you could sneeze at the flying saw dust.
I looked at all the numbers; and I could even remember the number of my locker; 7-2-9....but that was the first number.
After I locked my stuffs in, I held the key and I was in doubt; maybe I still didn't feel safe with my stuffs in and I wanted to make sure it was locked.
I looked up at my locker again, and surprisingly, the numbers have all switched places compared to the first time when I saw them.
This time, my key only fit into the locker numbered 2-9-7
I was definitely in doubt and as I was busy trying the keys and locking and unlocking my stuffs, wondering whether I should take out my stuffs and keep it with me or lock them up (in case they get lost during the game), there was a commotion across the street.

As I looked towards that direction, I saw a place which looked just like Gurney Drive (seriously!)
There was a guy lying by the side of the road, he seemed motionless and a few people were standing there.
The two guys at the counter were no longer there, and I recalled their words, "...dead but may not be dead, and roam around, preying on humans..."

At those words, I felt goosebumps and my hair raising on its end.
They took a white cloth to cover that man across the street, I guess he was dead.

Suddenly my cell phone rang, and my girl friend called me, asking where I was.
The clock showed 2 minutes past 6 (analog clock) and deep down inside my heart, I wanted to flee the place to go home although I felt guilty towards my friends and what if they were mad at me?
So somehow I answered that I was ready and about to head to the assembly area although I had those fleeing thoughts in my mind.

My friend (she was brave and rather boyish) told me that they have started the game and that I should stay where I am right now (I told her I was near Gurney).
She said the opposing team is starting to hunt us, and if I stayed where I was, there was a high chance they won't find me.
I was confused and I asked her what are the rules of the game to which she explained rather hastily, and I only remembered, that if we were caught, we will be shot with the water machine gun and we need to lie down to play dead.
Somehow, the admirer came into my mind and I asked her, which team are we playing against.

The admirer was in Team 4 and somehow she answered exactly that team.
I wasn't paying attention anymore, as I saw the man beside the road is no longer covered in white cloth.
People seem to be slowly deserting the street and I heard someone said, "he doesn't seem to be dead anymore, although just now they were very sure he was dead"

I stood there, rooted to the ground and I wondered, should I stay for the game and for the sake of my belongings or should I just run away from everything?
So many things came into my mind; my purse, my cell phone, Team 4, my friend, and my fear....

Suddenly, I just woke up...

I tried to sleep again, for I wanted to know how it end...for it felt like I was watching a movie....

But I couldn't anymore....

I will share on the significance of this dream once I have it figured out....unless anyone can enlighten on this as well?