Monday, April 20, 2009

A Choice

At times I do feel like things are unfulfilled
And when things don't go my way, I do feel a little frustrated

However, I always think that there is a choice
I can make that choice

Sometimes when we feel that we may be in for a wrong thing
But turns out, it may be right
The right thing is, we are right about the fact that it is wrong, right?

To me, I have learnt through the ups and downs in my life
And I am still learning; because there is still such a long road in front of me
The best thing is, I know I can always choose

I can choose to smile when it rains and celebrate it
I hate the sun; because it is hot
But it is a choice for me to choose to feel upset when it is so hot or to smile and say, hey, at least I am not getting wet today

I can feel upset when people let me down
Or I can choose to feel happy that I can see the true gem of love in the eyes of the people around who love me
I can feel so depressed when I am betrayed
Or I can choose to be happy that I have seen and in times like these, who are the true kind at heart who stood by me

I can complain about feeling tired about my job and that I am getting nowhere
Or I can feel content that I have a job and perhaps I haven't look into all the opportunities around me yet

I can say a million things about how bad the things look around me
Or I can choose to make a choice on how to make things look better
Or to see me in my true self in learning how to handle the good and the bad news

I can despair over people who do not care about me
and lament over people who just ignore me
Or I can choose to think about how I care about them and how they will understand in the future
Just like how the people around me who have cared about me and have touched me in my heart

It is all a matter of a choice

We can all complain and bitch about things in our life that do not go well
Things that do not augur well or prosper the way we want it in order to achieve the success of those prominent figures
But we can also look at the good things that have happened in our life
The times when success were in our hands and the chances that have and will come by

When things go wrong, as it always will, I shall not let it control me at all times
It is a matter of a choice
Something that I think it is worth learning (I am learning more and more along the way)

We are bound to face temptations; no one is exceptional
I can think of a million things that have bothered me in the past and the present
But I can also think of a million things that have made me happy and content since I was born

I have been sad, frustrated, pained, and let down
I have also been tormented, disappointed, angry and distressed
But I can definitely recall the times that I have been cheerful, happy, positive and feel hopeful
I have also felt appreciated, cared for, patient and excited

I have felt that sometimes have I made a wrong choice
And I may have been happier had I given another choice to choose again
But I also know that in making a choice, I am responsible
And if I know it is wrong, I should choose to make it right again
It may have been a wrong choice, but was I truly that unhappy with that choice?
Given another choice, why do I need to turn back time?
The past is the past, let bygones be bygones
Nothing can undo the past
(Time machines are, and will remain a sci-fi tool)
In reality, nothing we can do to stop time from passing by
We cannot turn back the wheel of time nor can we freeze or stop time
(Piper in Charmed is again, a fictional character, please only watch for entertainment purpose. Of course, it will be fun to once in a while wish you could freeze time)

What we can do however, is to make sure we appreciate each moment
To use each precious moment to understand ourselves better
And to make a good choice at each of those important moment

It is through our own love and appreciation that we will know how to make a choice
I choose to be happy
I choose to smile each day instead of frowning (it causes wrinkles and expedites the aging process anyway!)
I choose to say that my job is good, how do I make it better instead of dragging my feet to work and cursing silently why the hell am I doing this
I choose to be nice to people and to listen to why certain people are doing certain things than to yell and be frustrated when people disagree with my points (although I'd enjoy an exchange of debate once in a while for positive and constructive confrontation)

It is a choice I want to make
To make my entire life memorable
To make myself happy
It is a choice of mine
To be successful and to remind myself of my past successes and how I can retain or grow them further
I always believed in everyone's own unique talent and potential
It is a choice whether we have looked into it and unleash it

It is a choice...
When we were born, we are already winners
We have made it into the world healthy and alive

It is on our own hands and feet which we grew up on (of course, with financial support and care from our dear parents who brought us into the world)
Our parents and family are our hope
They will never let us down
(For those who have been let down by your families, I am sure you have found comfort somewhere as well; in welfare/social workers, your teachers, or people by the roadside who have lent you a helping hand before or even someone who just smiled at you)

Do not blame people for not loving you
Ask yourself whether you have loved yourself enough
I want to love myself more than to get people to love me
It is a choice to make ourselves feel loved
We must love ourselves
It is a choice of others to choose who they love

Life is precious
It is a choice whether we want to appreciate and live it the way we want
Or to throw it away in despair
We are given a choice to live or die

And we have made that choice by standing here today
What will your next choice?

I choose to live and for that, I want to be happy

This is a happy post; and I want to make everyone feel that there is hope in life
I know things may not always seem so desirable
Nor are they born out of fairy tales where things will be perfect
It is inevitable
We can never understand how others feel when they are in pain until we experience it ourselves

But by then, it becomes our choice, ain't it?
If we choose to succumb to the pain and end our lives, then it is a choice
Or we choose to heal the wound to get rid of the pain, and vow to live even better, it is also our choice

No one else can make that choice for anyone
It is ME that I need to make the choice for myself

Now, have you made a choice to do what you want to love yourself and make yourself happier?
It is YOUR choice