Monday, January 08, 2007

Jolly Red Bean

Oooooo....I just have to blog about this Yao Yao Ping craze I had...hehe....I love Red beans....and just so happens, it was supposed to be a good thing as due to certain conditions, I was told to consume red beans as well:p
Whatever....I stumbled upon this red bean thingy the other day in MidValley while shopping....and it was the Yao Yao Ping...yeah....Ice-blended Red Bean....Yippeee.....
Princess do so love Red beans...and top it off with Ice-blended.....mmmmmm.....just heavenly:p
I was so hyper that they have this...and they were doing a promotion at that time; this cup costs about RM4.....
I still remember those times when I was on my first business trip to Shanghai and during those freezing winter nights, was still having some iced red bean or green bean....haha....superb:p
Red bean red bean red bean.....
There's a couple of different types of Red bean actually......there's the Kidney beans; which is the larger one of the lot and is slightly curved like a "C" shape in nature thus earning the name of kidney...it shapes like a kidney...and then there are a couple of variations of the smaller red beans...one of the common ones include the Tianjin Red Bean....hehe...mostly used in the Red Bean soup.....
Oooo...and my fave when it comes to Red bean soup is when they use those combination type of red beans in the dessert *winks*
Hmmmmm.....red bean soup is also a nice and sweet dessert....not too sweet lar.....I do not really fancy a lot of sweet stuffs.....
In fact, you'd be surprised to know that I initially didn't really have any preference for this red bean dessert but somehow, I started liking it after some time...and dang, here I am today...yakking away about this beans....:p
But it'd be nice to be able to see these or even taste them....just sudden craving......*hint*....hehehe.....muacks red beans....the Jolly and good ol' red beans:P