Monday, April 14, 2008

Job - Love or Hate

I came across this blog; by this girl a year my junior (we came from the same uni anyway).
I have been reading her blog regularly and her posts about work kinda brings me some memories as well.
She has been pretty frustrated with work; which I am assuming that she is experiencing burnout.

It's really tough when you are earning an income; and going to the same place and doing something to earn yourself that $$$ to your dream career, home and car.

That's why it is really important to be happy with what you are doing; after all, life is short and we should really feel happy in everything we do.

I had gone through a period like that and I turned from an optimistic and cheerful girl to a moody and pessimistic person.
Turning back to reflect and look at myself in the mirror, I told myself that things must change and I smiled at myself every morning to work; smiling at everything that comes my way at work.

It was still tough...but I still made it through....
But the most important is your own decision; whether you really like what you are doing.
Most people are resistant to change or too timid to make a move that may affect their life.

It is a risk to take; I admit, but it is a choice.
Things can get tough of course, and most of the time, after a change, you will go through resistance and denial mode.
I have gone through all these....it's not easy...but it's not that tough either...and I am glad to say that looking back at all the things, I am still proud and though with a heavy heart, I still stand tall at my past achievements and journey with pride and now, I look forward to a great and beautiful future:)

I pray to God for HIS guidance and I will pave my way along with HIS help:)