Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Netball!

Yikes!!
My department's sports carnival coming soon and all of us are in different teams.
With the 2 joint games; soccer and netball, each sports group need to send out their teams to participate and my name was listed!!!
Arrrrrggggghhhhh.....
Then somemore, almost fainted when they told me my sports captain (a manager) named me as team captain!!!
What team captain?
I only played at the Wing last time; how can I play Center (usually team captain is the center or vice versa; however you put it:p)
Netball is a really swift game man......and need to be really fast....
Center is the most versatile one and allowed to roam freely around the court except at the goal areas.
yerrr....don't really wanna play lar....parents also kinda object as they are afraid I may be blown away and also exhausted (am kinda weak:p)

Well, why? For the following reasons:
1. SUN...yes, the sun, sun AND sun....those harmful UV rays, what if they make me fall sick? And what if it burns my skin....yikes!!!
2. Injuries....what if I fall down? Scratches, pain, wounds, and NOOOOOOOOOO...don;t want to think about it, scars:(:(:(
3. Pushed around by other players - yeah, if I happen to forget mentioning this, netball players can be or actually really rough!! And they really do anything to get you out of the way....trust me...despite all the rules....
My friend just showed me the scars on her elbow when she fell down....and she was also shoved in the abdomen....OUCH!
4. Loss of credibility - someone seems to think I am school team player....so, what if I don't play so well?Aiks...then I will be known as the lousy player from then:(
5. It's FRIDAY....yes, it's supposed to be a Friday!!! So, I want to go home!!!
YERRRRR!!!