Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Luxury for my crown of glory

Went for a haircut the other day and also some treatment.
Thought about this some time and I needed to maintain some healthy locks (long hair makes your hair more vulnerable and more fragile).
Reason is simple; the longer your hair, the farther the distance from the scalp (root of everything). Thus, nutrition may not reach to the end of your hair; thus creating weaker hair ends.
I went to Gurney Plaza and decided between these 2 hair saloons; one of which had more young guys with punky hair and the other was the Loreal Professional with ladies, mature ladies:)
Haha....of course, after a short while, I decided to go for the latter (I have done my survey the other time:p)

So I went into the saloon where I was seated and I told them I wanted some treatment for my hair. So they recommended me this spa treatment to cleanse and protect the hair; strengthening the roots...on promotion for RM118.
I wanted to cut my hair as well so off started my hair session.
I was served a hot cup of tea and given 2 magazines to browse through - though I brought along a clip of a haircut I kinda like:)
They washed my hair and this lady was quite friendly and told me that hair was the crown of glory for women and that women fear hair loss the most:p
Haha...to me, another marketing gimmick....
when you go to slimming center, then they will tell you, women fear weight gain the most; go to cosmetics counter; women fear aging the most, etc etc.

But she was pretty good with my hair; washed it tenderly then dried it.
After that, she splattered some cold stuffs; the hair spa treatment using a wide brush and did it layer by layer.
It was really soothing and relaxing:)
She wrapped it up and turned on this equipment which rotated around my head; which exhaled/exuded hot air now and then...for drying purpose:)
Then hair wash again....and waiting for the next service.

Then another lady came in; introducing herself as May.
She did my haircut - and she actually even recommended certain length - not too short.
Hehehe...I am liking her already:)
For me, bottom line is the length of the hair should never surpass the length that can be tied or made up.
Means, no boy cut etc for me...else I will howl the whole place down!!!
Worse than a plague if I get a bad hair cut:(

So, she cut my hair in a very professional way; you know....not horizontally straight but in a jagged way vertically:)
Unique huh; had a light banter with her and she told me she did learn on hair cutting for 6 months (only the basics).
Then they had to go for apprenticeship too.... not just simply come out to do hair cutting etc.
So, she gave me her name card and told me to look her up the next time I go there.
The best part about it all is that she never pushed me to purchase any product at all.
Everything is at customer's will....
And she did encourage for the treatment to be done regularly but she mentioned it's up to me:)

So there goes my long locks; traded in place for the short shoulder length bob I have now...hehe, kinda like Chae Rim from All About Eve now...feel professional and lighter too:)
Comments that look younger:D