Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sad...and not helping with motivation

This is not another drag or negative post; but I just want to express how I felt about another news I have just heard yesterday.

One of my new colleagues in my team; she just joined 3 months ago, is leaving us.
She has tendered her resignation and will be leaving on Friday.

I just received another email from her, stating that she is actually leaving today, using up her one day of annual leave for tomorrow.

I do feel shocked when I first read her email yesterday (the girl was so nice to write me an email to inform me of her decision) and it then turned to sadness as I am losing yet another nice colleague.
It's rare to find people who clicks with you and is capable to do their job well (I am sure she can do her job really well)

At the same time, I guess she has made a good decision and to move on with her next path; just a different path to her own life success and I am happy for her though I wonder whether I am still motivated to stay on this path.

I am not succumbing to peer pressure, in case some of you think I am, but of late, I am slowly losing my own motivation as well, and I am not revealing the reasons here in the blog as this is rather personal but suffice to say that I am also plagued with different issues at the same time besides my own career which throws me into a huge pit of dilemma.

I feel suffocated at times, and whenever I hear of people leaving, I couldn't help long after that envious feeling of untasted liberation.

Perhaps that is a sign that I am also about to head to liberty soon?

I don't know, and I don't want to feel so negative.

I am happy but I just couldn't help feeling sad with news like these as I know I am going to miss great people like these around me.

Meeting and departing is always part and parcel of life, and I accept and respect that.

I am wondering about my own path sometimes, and the roads not taken, can they be taken at any point of time again?
I know they can, it is always a choice.

Sometimes, although I have said this time and time again, I truly wished I had the power to turn back time...

P.S: I've received the farewell email from this lovely girl, and it was like an exclusive email which was only directed to 5 of us in the whole company.
LOL, I feel like an honored VIP guest right now...and I shall let this feeling stay for 5 seconds, 4...3...2..1, okay, snap back to reality.

I truly pray for this kind soul as she disembarks from this path and embark on a new path to success =)