Monday, June 21, 2010

A beautiful and marvellous Monday

Dear Diary,
I found myself having a hard time to wake up in the morning on Monday, and I think it is probably that the word Monday has seeped into my brain and influenced it to suppress the thought that Monday means anything near marvellous.
Much as I would love to snuggle under the blanket, I woke up anyway, and guess what, I was surprised by the gloomy and cool weather as I saw dark and heavy clouds looming in the skies above.
I was thinking to myself, "Maybe this is just another false alarm for rainy day again". I mean, who are we kidding, we have been deceived again and again by the rainy days which were supposed to take place after March/April and to this day, we are still suffering under the scorching heat of the sun.
Anyway, I was really in for a surprise, diary, as it started to rain half an hour before I was ready to step out to work (just the mere mention of it makes me queasy).
I LOVED the weather, you know how much I love rain, and much as I hate getting myself or my outfit, bag and even shoes to be pelted with the raindrops and then soaked through, I still welcome the rain with open arms!
Not long though, as I had to endure bad traffic. You know, diary, it was also coincidentally the first day of school after a 2-weeks school holidays (speaking of which, I am starting to dread this period), and traffic was just, hideous!
It continued to rain for the whole day, and I was even drenched!

It made my Monday perfect though; despite me feeling rather in glooms going to work...but it is now, marvellous, and magical...all thanks to the dear ol' friend, named rain
=)