Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Weddings weddings.....

Did you hear the bells ringing? Not sleigh bells nor jingle bells(I know Christmas's coming *winks*)....but I was referring to wedding bells:)
Haha....the beauty of the holy matrimony.....when two people are united as man and wife...
Now, you may wonder, why would I suddenly talk about weddings and marriages all of a sudden?
Hehe....recently within these 2 months....2 of my colleagues finally tied the knot with their sweethearts.....both of whom are in my department:)
I couldn't make it to their wedding dinners.....sorry guys....due to
1. I was down in KL for my dad's birthday (see, very strong reason)
2. I was out of Penang state...travelling for a weekend trip with friends...sorry ya.

Anyway, congratulations to both of you;
CK @ Chun Keang - the Thermal engineer who used to sit right across my cube when I first joined the company. We used to talk to each other; have short conversations...he's one smart guy.....then he sat in the neighboring section(next row) when we moved to our new office in the new building....
Jooi Wah - an experienced designer (not the fashion designer...duuh); he is good with all those engineering designs:) Not that close to him; he's pretty quiet and low profile but just happen to work with him and he did mentor me in certain aspects as well. Furthermore, we are after all in the same department and also functional group.He got hitched just last weekend....congrats...:)
And these were my close friends who have also entered the world of matrimony this year....early this year and they include my mentor and also 2 of her buddy pals and now also my buddy pals:)
These Filipinos are Catholics (more than 50% of the Philippines are Catholics.....) and I'd love to go to their mass weddings (not mass as in a humongous number; but mass as in the holy ceremony in the church...I LOVE church weddings...so traditional and romantic:)
However, sad to say, I was unable to attend any of their weddings.....
1. Butchie's and Scooby's were both in the Philippines
2. My mentor's (Marita) was in the States; Arizona......
Now how can I fly over there? Still poor lar....
Butchie's wedding......so sweet....Butchie and Elna...
They even had a website which Butchie built and did it all by himself; with creative poetry writings....awwwww, he is really a romantic despite him always hopping around and bonking people:p
Scooby and his wife, Christina...and he gave me a key chain which bore that name; he got one for his wife as well:) Same name...and this is one cool lady...She rocks....:D
Finally but not the least, my mentor,best gal pal, sister....exchanging their vows at a sunset wedding at the golf club...sunsets are always romantic.
Marita and Dan.....may you guys be happy forever:)
Anyway....it has been a year full of weddings (people I know..) perhaps it is a good year?
Hahaha.....somehow, I noticed that particularly the Chinese people, they like to tie the knot towards the end of the year (I meant December time frame as in the Julian calendar we are using now). Wonder why.....probably a good time or an auspicious period?
I really don't know....hahah, in fact, I used to have this friend who always said,
"Why can't they wait to marry after Chinese New Year? Why must it always be towards the Chinese/Western year end which is before CNY? They can't wait to give angpows is it?"
Hahaha....thoughtful thinking:P
Oooooo....and yesterday, I just received another wedding invitation from a peer; she's about my age and we joined at about the same time....
She will be getting married in January.....before CNY as welll......and oooo, her venue's in Restaurant Wonderland - a restaurant which will also bring loads of childhood memories as we used to go there for granny's birthday every year......
And the other day, I was just thinking of whether this restaurant exists.....
Hmmmmm....young gal; but I wish them happiness and a blissful marriage:)
I think I can make it for her wedding this time....hehehe :)