Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lee Da Hae Look-alike?

Goshhh..this is getting freaky....everyone is telling me that they see me on TV; the recently ended Korean drama, My Girl.

Reason is because they felt I bore a striking resemblance to the lead actress; Lee Da Hae who played Yoo-rin in the series.
Mum and dad came to tell me that all my aunts went into a major excitement watching the series and kept telling them that Christy is on the screen...LOL.
Great...and mum and dad agreed that we do look alike...hahaha....and it helps to add to the convincing part when your parents(those who borne you gave you their piece of view :P)

I have been compared to numerous Korean actresses (Song Hye Kyo, Kim Tae Hee, Son Ye Jin - and I don't see any similarity at all); but this would come the closest and most populated so far since everyone said so; and now including my bestie!! She posted this on her laydiebug blog and man, this is freaky....everyone said I look so much like her.

Why don't you guys judge for me?
I posted some of my pics and also of those Korean celebrities they claimed I resemble:p
Camera roll:
Lee Da Hae (of My Girl, Green Rose and Sweet 18 Fame)
(Highest vote count at the moment)
Both pictures on the left are Lee and the 2 on the right is me:)
Do you think we really look alike? ahaha....
But funny bit of fact was when I first watched My Girl and I saw this girl, I took an immediate liking to her and somehow I wanted to see more of her. There was this inexplicable type of attached feeling to her when I saw her...freaky or not? Deja vu....then I started missing her face when the series ended...
That's when Mum and Dad told me that all my aunts were so into her as well as they find her really pretty and cute and also they feel that sense of familiarity when they see her....haha:D
Next, an actress whom I grew to like despite her playing the villain in Stairway to Heaven. I kinda find her more appealing compared to the leading actress; Choi Ji Woo. She has these big doe-like eyes which are nice and she also appeared in another hit Korean drama; Love In Harvard. I ws actually found to resemble her through the matching tool in the Face Recognition tool....
Someone who bore the same surname as me; Kim Tae Hee and I was found to resemble her by 70% above...
Another one found by the Face Recognition tool was Son Ye Jin...another rising Korean actress who appeared along hearthrob Song Seung Hun in Summer Scent; in those four season series directed by the same director who brought fame to Winter Sonata and Autumn in my heart.
Son Ye Jin (Summer Scent)
Last but not least, my all-time favourite Korean actress whom I find really demure and pretty and it was a surprise that I was found to resemble her by the Face Matching tool as well was the young and innocent actress who played the sad Eun Suh in the tragic forbideen love story in Autumn in My Heart.
I also liked her a lot when she played the cheerful and cheeky crazy gal type in Full House.
Song Hye Kyo (Autumn in My Heart, Full House)
Another one that people told me before was Jang Nara; the punky little girl with attitude who played the spoilt princess and also a number of other comedic roles with her spunk and fighting character.
Hmmmm.....what's the verdict? Seems like I am countlessly matched or compared to all these Korean actresses that I am starting to feel Korean...haha....perhaps my connection to Korean ancestry through my surname may shed some light:p