Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Sick sick....

I was sick last week.....but was not on MC....haha...typical me...had a dry throat...then, felt feverish and cold....of course, I guess it must be due to the weather and also the office environment which is neverending and freaking cold.....

Since I was not too well, naturally I was shivering all the time.....then I had those red spots appearing on the right hand....wowww...that totally freaked me out....and I decided to finally see a doctor....despite the earlier requests from everyone for me to see a doctor including from my close friend here and also him.....awwwww.......I just didn't want to see a doctor here in Penang....reason being, I had a totally bad experience and I totally sworn off the doctors here.
Yeah, during CNY, I hurt and injured my knee...so went to the clinic..yeah, opposite USM, I am gonna name it....too bad I do not have the doctor's name.
Klinik University..that's it...and the doctor was in a bad mood I think...i also waited for half an hour before going in and I was cool about it....
Anyway, as I was relating to the doctor my predicament and also how the other medicine from another doctor was not helping and that the wounds are not healing after 3-4 days of medication, etc etc....she just RUDELY...yeah, I mean RUDELY interrupted or rather snapped at me:

Doc: You finished your medicine?
Me: Ermmm, not yet..

Doc: Then how do you expect the wounds to heal???!!!!
Me: I am not expecting the wounds to heal...I just wanted to know why the pain's still there and there's no change after taking the medicine...
Doc: How many days have you taken the medicine?
Me: 3-4 days...and it's a 5 days medication (showed her the pills given)
Doc: 5 days???!!! And you haven't finished...
Me: Yes, I took them but of course, I have to work so sometimes I cannot follow accurately the times.........

Doc: You never finish the medicine, never follow the time and now what you want?
(GAPING)
Me: I am not expecting speedy recovery, I just want to know about the pain since the doctor said the medicine should help the wound a little...but seems like the wound is getting worse
(Doesn't seem to understand my situation)
Doc: If you don't finish your medicine, you can't expect miracles to happen.....
Me: (WHY DOESN't She understand what I am trying to say????!!!!Am I speaking Greek here???) Nooo...it's not about finishing the medicine, I just want to know how long will this wound take to heal and is there any side effects...

Doc: As long as you take your medicine on time and finish, you will recover....


Like DUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH, I don't need a medical degree to know that.....
All she cared about is finishing medicine finishing medicine....yeah, go ahead and finish all your own medicine in your precious clinic and I hope you drown in them.....*nasty princess*.....
**SOB SOB**

Mean doctor....with no professional ethics at all.....and, mind if I add, the wound is still there with its mark....so should I file a law suit that it did not heal as what she said after taking the medicine????GAHHHHHH.......
If you do not have the patience or caring nature for people, PLEASE PLEASE do the society a favour....just don't be a Doctor...you do not deserve the noble title of a caring service provider...grrrrr
Too bad I don't have her name....doctors like her....hmmm, she doesn't deserve to be addressed as a doctor anyway...she's like a witch with a capital B....I know I am turning nasty....
BUT...I am totally innocent....if I know everything, do I need to see a doctor???
The previous experience was another doctor who gave me drowsy medicine and caused me to throw up and dizziness....goodness knows what medicine she prescribed...I only went there for treatment for my gastric....GOSHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....one word, doctors in Penang are so so so HORRIBLE!!!!

Okay, that was such a stereotyped and biased statement...I changed my mind after I went to this clinic in Pulau Tikus...Koe Clinic. Mum told me about a famous doctor before...also Koe or something, anyway, perhaps this was the one she meant.
My dear friend sent me there....sorry for causing you to rush for your meeting :(
I waited for an hour...the doctor was not around....then she came rushing in, full of remorse and guilt...soon, it was my turn.
She apologized and smiled amiably at me when i went in...she's not Dr. Koe, her name's Dr. Ng.....very fair and thin lady, dressed in simple and old-fashioned clothes but she has an awesome persona....I liked her.
She told me that she was caught up in a farewell lunch for her friend's daughter who's leaving abroad for further studies the next day.
Then she advised me on my illness and explained stuffs in detail.
I took her medicine and some caused drowsiness which she warned me of earlier.
I recovered and had a few good nights' sleep .....hehehe......too sleepy though....
Even the nurses are nice and friendly....
Hmmm....this will be one of the specific clinics I will visit if I am ever sick again......

Ohhh...also, I was well taken care of while I was not well...someone made sure I took my medicine....so, besides feeling miserable, I felt spoilt too...hehehe....

Yeah...get well soon...caused someone to worry unnecessarily...and also thought someone bought the little Pooh for me....

Get well soon, little gal....














Yeah, I am already well....YIPPEE!!!