Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Bachelor Night?

Hehehe....doesn't sound right huh? Well, no kidding, I did attend a bachelor party....which was initially a housewarming party...then a job confirmation celebration which in the end turned out to be a bachelor's night party....of course, a little imperfect with the inclusion of me....a girl in the celebration.
Nevertheless, they didn't mind me...hahaha, in fact I was their special guest. I have these 3 colleagues who were transferred from the Philippines to be based in Malaysia. I got to know about them from my mentor, the one who trained me up and went along with me to Shanghai. So, they are like my big brothers now but one bummer though, we have yet to go for any outings or meals together.
Anyway, back to the night, Richard(the owner of the condo) invited me over to his place for housewarming and also the rest of his group which comprises of all the guys....all engineers...and no kidding, their group is totally male-dominated :P Initially I was about to turn down but felt kinda bad since we haven't really had much opportunities to hang out together...furthermore, I know almost the whole team...so, I decided to go...bold of me huh...since they are all guys...:P
So, we had dinner and then loads of fun; since it was a potluck party, almost everyone had to bring in something...which I was clearly not notified of at all. So, I had to go shopping with Rico who was so kind to pick me up from my house. We went to Tesco and bought loads of fruits...since I had that crazy idea to make fruit salad. By the time we arrived at Richard's condo, most of the guys were already there and Richard was already done with his cooking...which was all pork and chicken...hahaha....and the guys were surprised that we actually initiated some healthy food...FRUITS....can you believe it, one of them actually bought a salad; vege salad and it was left untouched and unopened the entire night? Sighhh......not only kids do that huh....wrong perception all the while :P

There's Rico...hard at work in the kitchen...cutting the pineapple to prepare the healthy food....hehehe.... :p
Anyway, we ended up trying to concoct a fruit punch and not a fruit salad anymore. We wanted to be innovative but we forgot about the juice...insufficient for a whole pot of cocktail. I think we also kinda failed with the so-called fruit cocktail since majority of the food was mostly apple....my fault...I cut too much apples :(
However, to my pleasant surprise, most of the guys actually took a liking to the "apple punch" we made and even took them as desserts and snacked on the cut fruits while watching the exciting game of badminton competing for the Thomas Cup...that they didn't even realize the fruits were spiked...hahaha...not me, it was another guy, who actually dropped some alcohol into the fruits but unbeknownst to the others who enjoyed the fruits.
Overall, it was full of fun...the guys were all super funny...hmmmm, they were making a lot of fun about marriages:P
Not just that, they even snapped pictures of my drinking my own fruit punch....historical moment, or so they claimed...hahaha...
They even tried to get me to take pictures with those bottles of alcohol and beer they finished....just to blackmail me in the future....hahaha...and yes, I can swear that I did not drink a single drop in those empty bottles and cans....I do NOT drink...in fact, I kinda dislike drinkers...:p