Sunday, March 26, 2006

Gastric

I had dim sum yesterday morning...after my routine of buying fruits from the market for my week's supply. I went to this marketplace in Lorong Kulit; not alone...I used to do that..since a friend recommended me that particular place but not so anymore. This friend...ermmm...should I say special person...banned me from going there alone anyhow...so I'd had his company in going to buy fruits most of the time. Actually, the Lorong Kulit is kinda complex and also a Malay domestic area; sort of their domain. . My point is just being, it's not too safe or appropriate for a girl to go there alone due to safety issues...furthermore there are lots of the Malay guys on motorcycles and punky types.....enough said:p

So, after buying my fruits, we went for breakfast together....usual one; dim sum since he knows I like to eat dim sum....shoulda give him credits for his sweet memory most of the time. At the same time, it's not too hard to remember what I do eat huh, since I am pretty selective with my food....as a friend was once quoted for saying, "It's easier to list down what you do eat than what you do eat...the list's definitely shorter". Hehehe.....should I say it's true...well, let's just leave it at that;)

Okay, so back to this dim sum place; originally we were heading towards this dim sum restaurant we have yet to try near my place; in the Pekaka area; this Maxim restaurant. However, it was too highly packed(seems like it's always crowded each time) thus I proposed to go to the quiet dim sum restaurant in the Tanjung Bungah area. He's always so patient....and to him, distance is never a problem as long as we're happy...so being the nice guy, he immediately changed his direction and drove us there:)

Anyhow, we ate the dim sum, mostly what I like to eat, courtesy of his selection. However, I found one which was quite oily when I bit on the wrapping...yikes...and my stomach can never take oily stuffs:( He took that away from me and urged me to try the others which i did and even got my little plate changed. However, seems like most of them are pretty oily. I was a little worried about gastric....previously I had a bad bout of gastric after eating at this same place also. He was pretty worried but I assured him I'd be fine..dun wanna get him worried:)

However, true to my predictions, late in the afternoon, I had a bout of gastric and it was a sharp pain:( I didn't have anymore of my medicine with me now.....*sob* so I had to endure the pain. I had some gastric pills which Dad gave me during my last trip home but I was reluctant to try it as I have never try it before. Yeah, call me cynical or stupid but I typically conform to my own comfort items..so I endured the pain..and "suffered" for the rest of the day:(

Poor poor me...gastric is so not fun:((