Thursday, May 13, 2010

Spice up!

I don't know about you, but I start to feel like my lifestyle is falling into a dreary old pattern and it just feels like a repetition of the day before.

Wake up, go to work (8 hours), eat, go home, bathe, watch tv/read and sleep and then back to the first instance again.

It feels like my life has just been set as a loop with a counter which just resets itself each time I go to sleep and only changes after 5 counts whereby the weekend will be slightly different.

How different, not that much either, sometimes I feel that the weekends are not that exciting anymore.
It is not that I am so boring but the weather and work has leading to me being lethargic and just numb to my surroundings.

It is scary, and I just don't want to waste my life away like this....

Age is another factor I presume, as we grow older, we do not seem to find excitement in the things we used to jump up and down about when we were in our teens.
Perhaps we have strengthened the conventions for ourselves and constantly remind ourselves to stick to it?

I am glad that I at least realize that my routine is boring and can at least try to spice it up a little.

I think our minds are the most powerful control system in the world; it just snaps into lazy mode and that's where we start to allow ourselves to just drag our feet without any sense of motivation.

The weather is partly to blame for my lacking in the fashion section.
It has been so hot and humid lately that everyone just feels lazy and just want to slip on an airy and comfortable (preferably cotton) outfit and easy-to-slip-on sandals.

I don't even feel like making myself look particularly fashionable; although I still made sure that I look appropriate to walk out that door.

It is really sickening to feel that I have been slacking in keeping myself but at least I still do realize it and well, to spice things up a little, at least I find fun in organizing my wardrobe and arranging my work wear (work again!) for the week.

Oh of course, colors are vital to make me feel vibrant and cheerful....as long as they are cotton and light material please!