Friday, July 31, 2009

St Anne's with my family

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
In conjunction with the holy and joyous feast day of Mother St Anne, my family made a short trip up north and joined me in the famous patron saint's church in Bukit Mertajam.
As usual, it was packed and this round, we arrived in the afternoon; compared to our morning or late evenings' trips which is much cooler.

Most of the pilgrims from other states were already leaving; therefore the crowd is not a problem anymore.
Pedlars are also out there, as usual, selling merchandise items, making a fortune for themselves.
It became like a pasar malam environment outside the church's compound, and it was insane as some were selling Hindu merchandise items!
Well, this shows how popular this St Anne's church is among non-Catholics as people of different faith flock to pray to her.

Free Image Hosting
Technically, Catholics do no pray TO St Anne; instead, we pray through her, as with all other saints.
Free Image Hosting
We ask these saints to intercede in our prayers to God, and ask for their help to pray for us.

That is why in our faith, we have so many saints and angels whom we display in the church and the buildings.
They are our patrons; and our intermediaries to God.
Free Image Hosting
Free Image Hosting

I love coming for St Anne's feast; maybe because I love this church?
It just feels so serene and put my mind at ease (never mind the hot sun and the crowds)

Most importantly, I was really happy to meet my family again! This year, even my cousin brother is here in Penang to join us on this pilgrimage:)
Free Image Hosting

Happy St Anne's Feast; may you be blessed with the grace and happiness:)
Free Image Hosting