Saturday, September 20, 2008

Realize

Takes time to realize....

The opening line from Colbie Caillat's song just caught itself in my mind; playing again and again and it just made me realize, that time has flown past me and it seems like yesterday that when everything just started.

Haha...realize, and finally it dawned upon me
From a kid who aims at getting 100% in all her test papers to getting perfect scores in all her spelling/dictation tests and being the top of the class to an ordinary girl who wanted to top herself among the country's top students who came to a private university to study and found herself banging her head on the wall and wondering why she took the course but then started to enjoy and being positive and then having so much fun at convo and now, she's all ready to go out into the working world.
Oh, was that 3-4 years ago?

Looking back, it seems like some life I've been through...and people think I'm doing great and all, but the truth, I am just an ordinary everyday and next-door type of gal like any of you out there.
I have 2 eyes, 2 ears, a nose and a mouth, and a mass of hair on top of my head, two hands/arms, a pair of feet....and my height may be a little lower than average though:p

Realize...
I realized that I've gone through my childhood...(After all, I am an adult now, right?)

Primary School:
All those coloring pencils, crayons, water colors, brushes, 2B Staedtler pencils, collection of erasers, ohhhh....and those colored ice-cream sticks we used to collect during those school days....

Secondary School:
Prefectorial Board, St John Ambulance, English Society, Art Club, History Society, Photography Club....PMR, SPM.....Science classes....they've all been such wonderful memories. Responsibilites and part and parcel of being aware of your surroundings start from here

University:
Independence starts here....being out on your own...learning to do your own laundry, cleaning up your room weekly, changing your bedsheets, getting your own meals, etc.
I have also enjoyed being a DJ here...and meeting even more new people...and oh, I have organized my own prom night before for my faculty, the first time ever and I threw in a rather retro theme too....what's the theme I gave now...oh yeah, it was 'Retro Romance and Funkadelic Love'
(now who would give such a name for a prom theme, right?)
But there goes, crazy me...probably not a very successful one but I had to work with my own bare hands and the part about getting sponsors...boy, that was depressing but then again, looking at the positive side, it was a pretty enriching experience for me!~
I was even English Slot DJ manager and I've won an award in the DJ competition, oh yes I did, and I've tried going on live and being broadcasted to a bunch of newly recruited deejay-wannabes in the hall where they get to hear me talk about a bunch of nonsense.
But then again, yours truly did win something after all...haha, the most informative DJ...and popularity was nowhere in a far distance anymore.
I have gone through a week of not sleeping for my very first programming assignment and it was horrifying (i sleep at 9-10 most of the time...so this was definitely a torture for me!~)
I've gone through an internship in a huge Norwegian shipping company and enjoyed those days.

My first job:
I landed my first job in a company that made everyone go 'WOW' when they heard where I was working. In fact, I felt very happy that I got myself in there despite the constant rumors that it was some kind of pressure cooker....
But I still enjoyed it...

Today...
I just realized that it's been a really really long journey but that's made me who I am...

Anything else I realized?
Oh yeah...lots more....
1. I don't look forward to my birthdays anymore (and I used to wonder why people don't) for the fact that I am getting older...hahaha, girls never did like to be reminded of their age...
But then again, to think positive, I should be glad that I am getting older....coz everyone can be young but not everyone gets to be older...life is short!~
2. I don't depend on dad for financial support anymore...oh yea...I am financially independent...
3. I no longer tie my hair with cute little ribbons or funky hair bands anymore....although I still like matching my hair accessories or my bags, shoes with my clothes
4. I thought I didn't like frilly frocks but now, I love all sorts of dresses!~
Guess a girl will always be a girl:)
5. I drive now...haha, oh girl, that's definitely the fun part...I drive!~
6. I can't think of much but I do know there's a very very long list out there....and oh ya...also the fact that I own more than 5 blogs (crazy me) and still enjoying the expansion of more blogs...and I still have fun maintaining them!~

Realize...what have you realized so far?