Friday, October 24, 2008

Time after time

I really do miss those schooling days, no kidding, I do.
Perhaps of my love for studying, reading and just being in the process of learning new things every day
I've never ever wanted to skip school; or even classes when I was in university (no matter how crappy the subject is)
Call me nerdy or whatsoever, I just love being able to be there for my own education
That's why my parents never had to worry about me; whether I am studying or not, getting good grades and all because I know what I am doing
In fact, I love doing what I do (of course I have to admit sometimes the subjects are too tough too)

University life was different; it was all constantly on how fast and how brilliant you are, furthermore when you choose a science-driven path
At times, it was pretty tough and you feel lost, but I gritted my teeth and pulled it through
I never did like to lose, and to hell with the word fail as well
I just don't, perhaps I am being enveloped by the kiasu-nism culture, but it has always been me
I never give up without putting up a real tough fight
Of course, being a human being...at times, you want to space out and breathe a little

Well, after the 4 years in my university, I am ready for the big world (or so I thought)

However, I realized that the big world is much more than what I had imagined it to be
In fact, I came across people who are way meaner than people in school
Some go to all the extent to give others a hard time, just to maintain their own jobs
Some don't even know what they are doing...

It's a totally different world out there and sometimes, you just have to learn to deal with it
Imagine yourself balancing on a tight rope or a really really big ball

It's all about keeping that balance...and of course, don't lose your sanity in the process
I am still learning, and it's all a game with the time
What is the meaning of life if there is no ups and downs anyway?

Just go with the flow, and experience the different phases of time