Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Road NOT taken

Sometimes, on those quiet and peaceful days when I just enjoy sitting there relaxing, reading and as I stare far away into the space, pondering

These are the times that made me recall the things that I have wanted to do at one time, the chances I have passed, the dreams that I have dreamt, and you know what I mean by now.

That was when I remembered how at one point, I had these two huge ambitions and how I was so focused on my vision towards that direction
I was so intent on achieving that vision that it was all that's on my mind.
I am one determined person; and end up, funnily, I didn't end up doing either.
In fact, I even secretly harbored a really strong dream on one of my strongest interests and passions.

I ended up being something that out of the blue; if you were to ask me ten years ago whether I'd see myself in where I am standing today; I would definitely say, "Hell, NO!"
But that's where I am now, in all the fields that I'd never imagined I would be in those early years.

I had wanted to do things that are really interesting; something that can't be seen from my physical outlook, haha.

Had I persisted and at least had gone for one of my dreams, what would I be today?
I would not have known my current colleagues and friends, that's for sure

I would not have known what I've learnt through my last few years of working in the great multinational corporation
And I'd probably be leading a very very very busy life right now
Rushing down the white halls
Or probably having my nose inside those really thick papers and reference books and preparing my speeches, walking around the office and getting my assistants ready with their research for the presentation

Or spending lots of time in front of the computer, typing away or traveling here and there, to capture things that I'd want to be putting it in words soon for print

Or being a really busy person who just does what she loves

Ahhhh....such great visions and I still have those dreams; especially that particular place that I had always wanted to be in
The three great choices, which I am sure I will make it one day

And then the place that I'd love to see myself serving

The Road not taken is already in the past, but I can still make it to the Road
And not call it not taken anymore

I will still make at least one of the dreams come true
I am very confident that I can...

I shall create my own path to my vision!