Thursday, March 01, 2007

Happy Reunion!!

I may be upset, down and frustrated that I didn't manage to go back to KL first for CNY...and I know how everyone thinks that it is not such a bad situation since I have relatives here in Penang.
But they do not understand the fact that KL is my home; my Home Sweet Home...nothing can compare to that...so, not being able to go back IS a big deal for me....
However, as I reflect further and also deepen my thoughts on this, I start to see that it is not such a negative thing and that I can learn to see this in a different light.
God probably wanted me to value my family....in the midst of my busy working schedule...
I was truly touched by the fact my family was willing to come up despite the last minute notice that I was unable to go back. Mummy has already prepared all the food for reunion and even on Friday...where I was supposed to be home. Imagine the major disappointment they had when I had to call and tell them I couldn't make it that day.
However, they did not even utter a single word of complaint or grunt and never did they reprimand me for this. All they could think of is how can I get back and be safe. They forbade me from travelling alone; driving on my own all the way down to KL.
They also do not want me to spend a bomb on flight tickets (although it's Air Asia) to fly back; with the reasoning that they will be coming to Penang anyhow.
So, Mum and Dad came up with a counter proposal; that they come up to Penang first to celebrate with me and granny and then if I want, I can follow them down to KL.
I was unhappy; but there does not seem to be a choice.
I badly wanted to go down to KL; reunion with my dear family and also my favourite uncle aka Ah Pek and family, and there's Nick and Alwin (who came back from England) whom I really want to meet up and catch up with...and now all that wouldn't happen.
I reluctantly agreed to the plan and reminded them to start early.
Words can never describe the anxiety and anticipation I felt while awaiting for them to arrive in Penang. In fact, I started even the night before....I really felt so miserable after work (I got off at 7pm!!!)...went home to an empty house and realize that everyone is already on their way or have already reached home.
Then the next day, my family delayed their journey...major disappointment for me as I was expecting them to start early. Then I understood that there was a major downpour in KL since early morning and there is no way they can travel under such drastic weather.
It was the longest day in my life...and I was anxiously waiting and praying for their safe arrival.
Mum and dad prayed hard for a safe journey as well.....
Waited on both sides....constant messaging(praise whoever invented SMS) with Bro on their updates; there was a massive traffic jam and a slow crawl from KL all the way heading northbound.
I couldn't believe it when they told me they only reached Tanjung Malim after 2 hours of travelling.
I was starting to worry that they may not be able to make it for reunion.
4p.m: Bro texted me and told me they will be late....not sure what time they will reach. Have not even reach Ipoh yet:(
Waited waited waited.....
6pm: They already reached Jelapang and estimated time of arrival will be 8pm. Reminded me to take something first in order not to get gastric.
7p.m.: Took my bath and dressed up...waiting patiently....had a bad bout of gastric pain suddenly:(
7.30p.m: They already reached Penang bridge
8.00p.m: They were finally here!!!
Sharp on time; Daddy's estimation has never been wrong:)
I was totally loss at words....cannot describe that joyful feeling at seeing my whole family; and most importantly, they were safe and sound.
Thanks and praise the Good Lord!!
I could not hold back those feelings of joy (almost cried) and all those anxiety disappeared along with those questions I wanted to throw at them on why did they start out late....NOTHING matters anymore...as long as we are all together!!
To me, this may be the most memorable and definitely unforgettable Chinese New Year....because I am truly thankful to God for blessing me with such a wonderful family who did not grumble despite travelling so far and stuck in traffic jam to see their daughter:)
We truly experienced and understood the true meaning of reunion and as Daddy says, we now empathize with those who travelled far just to make it home for reunion.
We have always only heard this on the news but now, we truly understand it.
Thank you Daddy, thank you Mummy, thank you Bro....I really LOVE all of you very very very much!!!
I do not know what I'll do without all of you by my side....
Lord, please bless our whole family so that we will all stay together and be happy forever:)
May we have a wonderful Chinese New Piggy Year!!!
God bless all of us:)